- This event has passed.
Sustainable SITES Initiative Workshop
September 8, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm| $125
Join GBCI, USGBC-Illinois, and ASLA-Illinois for a one-day regional workshop on the concepts and goals of sustainable and regenerative land design via the Sustainable Sites Initiative™ (SITES™). SITES® is a program dedicated to fostering resiliency and transforming land development and management practices towards regenerative design. The central message of the SITES® program is that any project holds the potential to protect, improve, and regenerate the natural benefits and services provided by healthy ecosystems. This workshop will provide practitioners and regional leaders with the tools they need to integrate SITES® into their work.
- Danielle Pieranunzi, Program Director, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Micah Silvey, Director of Certification, Green Business Certification Inc.
- Jamie Statter, Vice President of Strategic Relationships, USGBC
- Lunch Keynote: Terry Guen, President & Principal, Terry Guen Design Associates
- Project Tour: Susan Jacobson, Landscape Architect, The Morton Arboretum
Agenda will include:
- Registration + Breakfast
- Introductions to GBCI team & SITES
- Background on the SITES Rating System
- The SITES Rating System structure, categories, pre-requisites,credits + Q&A
- Lunch + Keynote: Terry Guen + Q&A
- Project Workshop + Interactive Session
- Pilot Project Tour
Registration: $125 for ASLA and USGBC Members before 9/1. ($145 after 9/1). Registration also includes morningcoffee and pastries and lunch.
Continuing Education: 6.0 hours pending approval for ASLA state chapters and for GBCI CEU.
Location: The Arbor Room at the Thornhill Education Center, Morton Arboretum